In Episode 55 I sat down with superstar Adidas trainer Tanya Poppett about her journey into the world of health & fitness, and in particular how challenges with body image in her teenage years spurred her into the woman she is today.
Specifically we covered:
- Her life as a child including what her interests were, what she ate, where she grew up etc
- Her relationship with food and exercise with specifics around a time in her teenage years where she felt a lot of pressure around the way she looked
- Her diet – how and why this has changed over time
- What she thought about vegans before making changes to her plate
- How her change in diet was received by her partner and family
- Her philosophy on exercise, training and creating healthy habits
- Creating sustainable exercise habits
- The importance of being open minded when it comes to the way we live our lives and in particular training and different forms of exercise
- and much more
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,