In Episode 53 I sat down with Torre Washington to talk about his journey and in particular how he got into Body Building and what it’s like being a vegan bodybuilder.
Torre and I were meaning to do this episode in the USA however our world’s collided a little earlier so we recorded it in Byron Bay whilst hanging out and producing some really cool content for Centr which is Chris Hemsworth’s new health & fitness program. If you are looking for some new motivation for your fitness, mindfulness and eating then you will absolutely love Chris’ program – it’s extremely well put together and I feel very lucky to be a part of it as one of his handpicked experts. Of course my focus is on plant based food!
Anyway, we digress.
In this conversation we cover:
- Bit about some of the places we ate during our time in Byron Bay
- Torre’s childhood years (what life was like for him etc)
- His blood lines and what the Rastafari culture means to him
- What his diet was like growing up
- What his diet is like now (and yes I ask the infamous question about protein)
- When and why he got interested in working out
- His journey to becoming a PRO bodybuilder
- Why a vegan diet is important to him
- Coexisting with non vegans
- and much much more
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,