In Episode 54 I sat down with Erin Ireland and spoke about why she personally transitioned to a vegan lifestyle and how this affected her business.
IN THIS EPISODE WE COVERED
- What she’s been up to in Sydney and her favourite places she’s eaten at
- What life was like for Erin growing
- What Vancouver is like as a city including the vegan scene
- The foods she ate as a kid
- Why she eventually changed the foods on her plate
- How her personal lifestyle changes have influenced those around her
- Talking to friends and family about the benefits of plant based foods and a vegan lifestyle
- The ins and outs of her baking business and how this changed when she transitioned to a vegan lifestyle
- The biggest hurdles during her personal and business transition
- Tips for anyone transitioning to plant based or vegan foods
- Her daughter Roen’s diet and any associated challenges socially
- Common questions Erin gets about Roen’s diet including supplements, foods, breast feeding etc.
- Tips for being an advocate for this lifestyle
- and much much more
AUSTRALIAN PODCAST AWARDS:
Australian Podcast Awards: If you have one or two minutes I would love your support by voting for the Plant Proof show here. It takes a few minutes (you do need to verify your email for it to submit). Thank you in advance friends.
Erin’s website It’s To Die For
Where to get Erin’s Banana Bread
Heart Beets Run Club in Vancouver
Transitioning to a plant based lifestyle in 5 hours per Erin’s recommendations. Set up a binge watching afternoon and get through the below (invite your friends or family over that are interested too and make a day/night of it).
SCIENCE DISCUSSED IN INTRO:
Egg Board article about Just Mayo: Read here
Meta Analysis looking at the effect of Dietary Cholesterol on Serum Cholesterol (full paper)
Swapping Saturated fats for Unsaturated or Unrefined carbohydrates to lower disease risk: Read a summary here of what I mentioned in the intro.
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,