In Episode 65 I sit down with Drs Dean & Ayesha Sherzai, or Team Sherzai, who are Neurologists from California.
Dean & Ayesha are experts in the prevention of neurological degenerative disorders and authors of the well know book ‘The Alzheimers Solution’.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why talking about lifestyle and degenerative neurological conditions is important
- The burden of such illnesses
- How patients with Dementia and Alzheimers present
- Why Drs Dean & Ayesha Sherzai are so passionate about this area
- Their personal journeys
- The work they are doing at a community level
- The science they are publishing
- What the science on nutrition & neurological degenerative conditions tells us
- Who’s most at risk of developing these degenerative neurological conditions
- Underlying mechanisms and physiological risk factors contributing the development of these degenerative neurological conditions
- What foods we should eat to prevent the change of developing conditions such as Alzheimers and other forms of Dementia
- Why some people suggest to eat high fat diets and cholesterol for brain health
- Overlap between these degenerative neurological conditions and cardiovascular disease
- and much much more
Of course, if you loved the episode. Share your feedback on social media and tag the Sherzai’s (@teamsherzai) and myself (@plant_proof) – we’d love to hear from you! And if you haven’t left a review for the show on iTunes yet and have 1-2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated. The reviews ultimately help the show reach more people – and that’s what inspires me to continue bringing you more episodes (it tells me that people are actually enjoying the show and the messages are not falling on deaf ears haha).
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,