In Episode 63 I sit down with Australian athlete, media personality, podcaster and health advocate Katie Williams to chat about social media and controlling our environment to stay present, live in reality & essentially optimise our life for happiness.
In this episode we cover:
- Katie’s experiences with social media
- Pros & Cons of Social Media
- Is social media an addiction?
- Creating boundaries and healthy habits for social media and phone use
- What is reality?
- The idea of controlling your environment including how Katie determines who she follows or unfollows
- Impressionable age groups and social media
- Gratification from real world experiences
- Purpose behind posting & using social media to create positivity
- Periods without social media and the #offline48 concept I heard about through Max La Manna
- and much more
Hope you enjoy this episode friends. Little different to previous ones but so relevant to the world that we find ourselves in.
If you enjoyed this podcast both myself @plant_proof and Katie @katiewilllly would love to hear from you! And if you haven’t left a review for the show on iTunes yet and have 1-2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated!
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,