Episode 17 of the Plant Proof podcast with The Gut Health MD also known as Dr B or Dr William Bulsiewicz is all about how to cultivate a healthy gut microbiome and what this actually means.
Dr B, as he prefers to be called, has a fun and agenda-free way of bringing the latest in gut health science to his clinical practice, website and social media (@theguthealthmd) for us all to benefit from. Dr B’s resume speaks for itself – here is just a short list of some of the things he has already achieved in his career:
- Qualified MD, a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Board-certified in internal medicine and Gastroenterology
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) from Northwestern University and a certificate in nutrition from Cornell University
- At UNC he received the highest clinical award and was Chief Gastroenterology Fellow
- He has published more than 20 scientific articles and given more than 40 presentations at national meetings
On top of this Dr B continues to practice clinically.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSSED:
- What Microbiome is
- What Dysbiosis is
- What can lead to poor microbiome
- What Pre & Probiotics are
- The Role of Pre & Probiotics
- How to cultivate healthy microbiome on a plant-based diet with lots of practical information to implement in your own lifestyle