In episode 45 I sat down with the owner of Beyond Sushi, Chef Guy Vaknin, to learn more about his story and the journey of ‘Beyond Sushi’, one of my favourite places to eat in New York.
In this episode we covered:
- Guy’s childhood
- When and why he moved to NYC
- How he developed an interest in hospitality
- How Beyond Sushi was born
- Beyond Sushi’s journey from vegetarian to vegan
- The challenges of starting and scaling a small business in New York
- Beyond Sushi on Shark Tank
- The future for Beyond Sushi
- and much more
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,