In Episode 43 I sat down with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams to chat about his personal health journey, including being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and the work he is doing at the Brooklyn community level.
Eric is a former NYPD Police Officer and New York State Senator. An extremely well versed man who I am truly grateful that I got to connect with while I was in New York recently.
In this episode we cover:
- Eric’s childhood including his diet
- Eric’s time in the New York Police Department
- When he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and what he was told regarding his prognosis
- What his typical diet was in his adulthood before being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
- Why he changed his diet and how this affected his diabetes management and quality of life
- The medications he was told he had to take for life and what he’s been able to do with these since changing his eating habits
- The work he is doing at a community level in Brooklyn, including his work with Dr Michelle McMacken, and how this can be used as a blueprint for other communities globally
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,