In Episode 92 I sit down with Australian Environmentalist James Stanton Cooke, or ‘Jimmy Halfcut’, to talk about the role that our rainforests play in keeping our climate cool. I met James a few months back at a charity night in Bondi and with the fires currently burning across Australia I couldn’t help but think this was the perfect time to sit down and talk about mother nature.
In this episode we discuss:
- The role of rainforests in keeping the climate cool
- Preserving rainforests
- Australian wildfires
- Controlled burning, hazard reduction and circulation burning
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Australia’s energy situation – coal and renewables
- Animal agriculture and environmental considerations
- Being an environmentalist
- Practical things people can do to lower their environmental footprint
- and much much more
- Enova.com – Use promo code Halfcut50 will save 20sqm of Daintree Rainforest
- Divesting – Bank Australia is the most ethical bank in Australia in terms of where they are investing your money. If you are from overseas try and find a bank that is doing good with your money.
- Australian Ethical – Superannuation that invests your money in ethical and sustainable companies.
- $25,000 fundraiser for land in the Daintree. 100% of donation goes towards purchasing land minus credit card transaction (1.2%)
- Want to be offset your environmental footprint? Visit the Half Cut website
Plant Proof X Journey Retreat
For more information on the July 11-17, 2020 Plant Proof X Journey Retreat please visit here.The retreats are an incredible week – a mix of exercise, connecting with like-minded people, guest speakers, cooking demonstrations, delicious plant-based meals and snacks, massages and plenty of downtime to relax by the pool or explore the local area.
Hope you enjoy the episode friends. If you do get time & are an Apple phone user – you can leave a review here
WHERE ELSE TO LISTEN:
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher, If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,