Episode 19 of the Plant Proof Podcast with Frank Cusimano (@dr.cusimano) is all about using science to make informed food choices.
With a host of science degrees under his belt, a PHD in Nutrition and a Medical Degree underway, and an absolute passion for reading scientific literature, Frank Cusimano is perfectly suited to help us navigate through many commonly asked questions about healthy eating. Whats cool, which Frank goes into, is that he doesn’t specifically classify himself as ‘Vegan’, rather he chooses his food based on what science says are the healthiest forms of nutrition, and it just so happens to be that this does not include animal products
In this episode we cover:
- Frank’s story and transition to a plant-based diet
- Optimal times to eat meals and should we fast?
- How much Protein do we need?
- Eating for longevity
- Losing weight with Longevity in mind
- Keto & Paleo Diets
- Is Soy healthy?
- Omega 3’s – are they important and where can we get them from? Do we need to supplement Omega 3?
- An overview of the gut microbiome and the enteric nervous system
- Is Coconut Oil beneficial?
- Should we cook with oil?
- and much much more
Regarding Soy you can see post’s that both Frank and I have previously done on this topic below: