With the gift of the gab, blonde locks and contagious smile it would seem Osher was always destined to entertain or find his way into the world of television but just how did a kid with anxiety end up hosting live TV in front of millions of viewers? What toll did that take on his mental and physical health and what learnings does he have to share? Well, that’s exactly what this episode is all about. Osher came over to my place in Bondi and we had a really open and honest conversation over a Turmeric Latte (haha) about what he went through behind the scenes including some terrible lows as well as some hugely positive learnings and life-changing experiences. The timing of this episode is absolutely perfect with Osher’s book ‘Back after the Break’ launching next week. If you are an Australian and know Osher I think this episode will give you insight into the actual man behind the man the microphone that you have seen on TV for so many years. If you are from overseas, I’m sure you will still find this episode tremendously interesting with many take-home messages.
In this episode we cover:
- Where Osher grew up & what his childhood was like
- What drew him towards a career in Television & radio which ultimately saw him hosting some of the most viewed shows ever in Australia (Australian Idol, The Bachelor)
- When alcohol crept into his life & how it became a problem
- How he has learned to deal with Mental illness (paranoia, OCD, anxiety etc)
- How he has handled alcohol addiction
- His battle with weight, why he went vegan & how he ended up on the cover of Men’s Health
- much much more
Oh, I forgot to mention Osher is vegan and has been for essentially over a decade…and he’s hugely entertaining, so naturally, so as a good host should I let him do a lot of the talking! Also, Osher kindly had me on his show a little while back – if you haven’t listened to that episode you can here.
If you listen to this ep and want to grab a copy of ‘Back After the Break’ to learn more about Osher’s story then just head to this page and you will find links to where it can be purchased in hard copy and audio forms.
Other episodes with Osher include 156