In Episode #145 I sit down with Professor Christopher Gardner fromStanford Universityto chat about his research looking at low versus high carb diets for weight loss.
If you’re confused about carbohydrates, fat and how to manage your body weight then I am certain you will enjoy this episode. Dr Gardner is one of the most respected nutrition scientists in the world.
Specifically we cover:
- How Dr Gardner became interested in nutrition science and what led him to studying weight loss
- Why Dr Gardner conducts Randomised Controlled Trials
- The A to Z study
- The DIETFITS study
- Why diet quality is important
- Why average weight loss in studies doesn’t show the full story
- The carbohydrate-insulin model
- What we do and don’t know about diet and weight loss
- much more
The best way to support the show is to use the products and services offered by our sponsors. To check them out, and enjoy great savings, visit theproof.com/friends.