Episode 40 is certainly not for the faint hearted. Legendary punk rocker, author & plant powered athlete, John Joseph, takes us through his life and what it was like to grow up in Manhattan in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s with no money & little family support while being surrounded by some truly bad influences.
If you do not like swearing or have young kids listening this is not the episode for you. John grew up in some crazy times and did some crazy things to basically stay alive. Despite the colourful language though John has an extremely powerful message and one thing that rang true for me which stood out from our conversation was “its not what happens to someone in life…its what they do about it”.
In this episode we cover:
- John’s childhood years in Manhattan
- What trouble he got up to as a teenager & how drugs impacted his life
- What the punk rock scene was like and how he found himself amongst it
- Why he changed his diet to plant based
- Why he joined the Hare Krishna’s
- His time in the navy
- Being on the run from police and using fake identification so he wasn’t caught
- The work he is doing with correctional facilities and inmates
- His memoir and his other two books (Meat is for Pussies & The PMA effect)
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode.