In Episode 38 of the Plant Proof podcast I sit down with Bianca Taylor to talk about her journey from a seemingly lost, sad & powerless soul to a vibrant, inspirational & empowering woman taking charge of her life & understanding her purpose.
Mental health & helping people understand that it’s ok to feel down is something very close to my heart.
In this episode we cover:
- Bianca’s childhood and teenage years and her mental health
- What happened when her father was shot outside their home & how this affected her
- How a toxic relationship affected her ability to manage her mental health
- The deepest of lows where she felt like “what’s the point of life”
- The moment that may have saved her life and helped her find a path towards working out her purpose and no longer suppressing her negative thoughts
- Why Bianca gave up eating animal products and is a proud vegan advocate
- Tips for self love and working on your mental health to maintain a positive outlook on life
- How Bianca meet her partner Nimai Delgado (Vegan Bodybuilder you may remember from episode 3 of the Plant Proof podcast)
- Bianca’s business veganfitness.com and what’s on the horizon for her in the coming years
If you are experiencing any sort of mental health battle I really recommend you reach out to one of the resources below local to you. If you are from a country that’s not listed below google search your country name and “helpline” or “suicide hotline” and you will find a local organisation that offers phone support. If you are not sure who to call please ask a friend or family member – it’s completely ok not to feel good so please don’t feel embarrassed to talk about it.
Suicide Prevention Line
Life Line Canada
I also strongly recommend that everyone has a look at the “R U OK” website for helpful tips on how to ask your friends and family members how they are going. As their slogan says “A conversation could change a life”. https://www.ruok.org.au/
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode.