In Episode 120 I sit down with Dr Hannah Ritchie, Geoscientist and senior researcher at Our World in Data, to dive deeper into our food system and the changes we need to make in the coming decades to meet climate goals.
Specifically we cover:
- Hannah’s journey into the world of geoscience and environmental research
- What Our World in Data is
- Why it’s important to zoom out and look at data over a long period of time
- Insights into COVID-19 data
- Why it’s important we consider agriculture when looking at planetary health
- The parts of planetary health that we needs to consider when looking at agriculture and our personal food systems (such as greenhouse gas emissions, land-use, biodiversity)
- Major drivers of deforestation
- Plant foods versus animal foods and planetary health
- Soy and deforestation
- Palm oil and deforestation
- and much more
A few of Hannah’s articles to read:
Follow Hannah on Twitter
My new book The Proof is in the Plants is out May 4th. Order your copy here.