In Episode #105, I sat down with Ryland Engelhart and Finian Makepeace from Kiss the Ground to continue the theme of how our food system and food choices are affecting the health of our planet.
In this episode, we covered regenerative agriculture and how it differs from sustainable, organic, and biodynamic farming practices as well as the problem with industrial agriculture. We also discussed tilling, cover crops, carbon sequestration, and holistic grazing, including White Oak Pastures (for a more detailed dive into the science on this, see episodes #104 and #111 with environmental researcher Nicholas Carter). Listen to find out why it’s so crucial we change the way we farm.
The best way to support the show is to use the products and services offered by our sponsors. To check them out, and enjoy great savings, visit theproof.com/friends.
- Black Lives Matter movement
- • Related to this episode
- Paul Hawken and Katharine Wilkinson report Drawdown in 2017 – solutions to reverse global warming
- Rich Roll’s podcast with Paul Hawken on climate change
- The Food Climate Research Network’s Grazed and Confused report – a detailed report on holistic grazing and climate change
- Café Gratitude and Gracias Madre – Ryland’s restaurants
- ‘How Wolves Change Rivers’ video
- Episodes #104 and #111 with environmental researcher Nicholas Carter, going through some of the claims made by Kiss the Ground