Episode 32 of the Plant Proof podcast I sat down with world-renowned vegan Chef Gaz Oakley to discuss his story and rise to stardom over the past 3 years.
Since early 2016 Gaz has taken social media by storm with his avant-garde cooking displays on You tube and Instagram, amassing a combined following of over 700,000 people. Gaz and I crossed over while both traveling through Bali and took some time to get to know one another and record what we envisage will be the first of several podcasts together. This guy has phenomenal talent, a huge future ahead and is as humble and genuine as they come.
Folks you’re going to absolutely love this episode as Gaz takes us through his journey so far and I’m sure by the end of it, if you haven’t already, you will track him down on social media to his delicious cooking with your own eyes.
In this episode we discuss:
- Gaz’s early childhood years
- How he developed a passion for cooking
- What his interests are outside of cooking
- Where he crafted his skills
- Why he walked away from the cooking industry at one stage and took up a job in labour and sales
- His transition to a plant based diet and what inspired that
- How he comes up with the inspiration for his recipes
- His growth journey on social media and how he handles the relatively new attention he is getting
- Insight into the production requirements for his You Tube videos
- His two cook books
- A secret collaboration with a huge restaurant…yes he drops the secret on air!
- What his plans are for the future
- and much more
You can connect with Gaz on Instagram @avantgardevegan & You Tube (Avant Garde Vegan).
If you enjoyed the episode and have a spare 1-2 minutes please leave a review on iTunes so the Plant Proof podcast ranks higher and becomes more discoverable for other listeners. And if you have any friends that you think will benefit from listening to this episode or any of the other Plant Proof episodes please share the link – together we can make this world a healthier place.
WHERE TO LISTEN TO THE PLANT PROOF PODCAST?
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode.