In Episode #128 I’m joined by Alexandra Caspero, RND and Whitney English, RND to discuss raising babies and toddlers on a predominately plant-based diet.
Specifically we cover:
- Why would one want to consider a predominately plant-based diet?
- Plant-predominant versus plant-exclusive diets
- Advantages of a plant-predominant diet
- Obesity in children
- Science looking at growth and development in plant-based populations
- Why the fear on social media and in the media surrounding plant-based diets and children
- Further research that they would like to see
- Where a plant-based diet could go wrong
- Key nutrients of focus including B12, iron and DHA.
- Importance of dietary fat
- Are soy products safe for babies and toddlers?
- Things to consider when using infant formula
- and much more
Connect with Plant Based Juniors on Instagram
Get a copy of their new book Plant-based Baby & Toddler
Get a copy of my new book The Proof is in the Plants
Download my two week meal plan
Support the show:
If you are enjoying the Plant Proof podcast a great way to support the show is by leaving a review on the Apple podcast app. It only takes a few minutes and helps more people find the episodes.