In Episode #2, I’m joined by Dr Michelle McMacken, one of the world’s leading doctors implementing plant-based nutrition into her clinical practice. If you are interested in improving your health through better food choices and protecting yourself against chronic disease, this is a must listen. Dr McMacken is truly a wealth of knowledge.
The best way to support the show is to use the products and services offered by our sponsors. To check them out, and enjoy great savings, visit theproof.com/friends.
More about Dr Michelle McMacken
Dr Michelle McMacken is a board-certified, internal medicine physician and assistant professor of medicine at NYU School of Medicine. An honours graduate of Yale University and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, she practises primary care internal medicine, directs a weight management program, and teaches doctors-in-training at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City. In 2014, Dr McMacken received an NYU fellowship grant to develop an evidence-based nutrition curriculum for her physician colleagues, and she is committed to educating patients, doctors, and the public about the power of healthful eating for disease prevention and reversal. Dr McMacken has received the faculty ‘Teacher of the Year’ award three times and has been featured on the Rich Roll Podcast, forksoverknives.com, Sirius Doctor Radio, and mindbodygreen.com, as well as in several documentary films including What The Health, From the Ground Up, and Code Blue.
- Book: Becoming Vegan
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Forks Over Knives
- Becoming Vegan, Comprehensive Edition, Brenda Davis RD, Vesanto Melina MS, RD (website has good summary of nutrients to consider)
- Vegan for Life, Jack Norris RD, Virginia Messina MPH, RD
- The Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, Julieanna Hever MS, RD, Raymond Cronise
- Plant-Based Diets: A Physician’s Guide, Julieanna Hever, MS, RD
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Vegetarian Diets
- Cardio-Metabolic Benefits of Plant-Based Diets, Kahleova H et al.