In Episode 68 I sit down with Gastroenterologist Dr Sarina Pasricha to break down Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), an incredibly common condition that approximately 10-20% of adults suffer from.
Specifically we cover:
- 1 – What is IBS including the different types
- 2 – How IBS presents clinically
- 3 – Who develops IBS
- 4 – Incidence of IBS
- 5 – How IBS is diagnosed
- 6 – Healing versus managing symptoms
- 7 – Evidence based approach for reducing IBS symptoms
- 8 .- Low Fodmap Diet
- 9 – Dairy & IBS
- 10 – Why the LOW Fodmap diet is being used incorrectly and is NOT Dr Pasricha’s first line of treatment for patients with IBS
- 11 – Dangers of following a LOW Fodmap diet long term
- 12 – Results that Dr Pasricha has seen clinically
- 13 – Lifestyle changes & IBS
- and much much more
Of course, if you loved the episode. Share your feedback on social media and tag Sarina (@docsarina) and myself (@plant_proof) – we’d love to hear from you! And if you haven’t left a review for the show on iTunes yet and have 1-2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated. The reviews ultimately help the show reach more people – and that’s what inspires me to continue bringing you more episodes (it tells me that people are actually enjoying the show and the messages are not falling on deaf ears haha).
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,