In Episode 69 I sit down with Red Bull athlete, Patrick Seabase, who cycles over mountain passes involving gruelling climbs and steep descents on a bike that has 1 gear and NO brakes often reaching speeds near 100 Km/hr (62 mph). Yes – mind blowing!
This is the first time Patrick has told his story on a Podcast – so I was very honoured to have him on the show and am incredibly grateful to have this platform to share our conversation with you.
In this Episode we cover:
- The type of bike he rides and what’s unique about it
- Where Patrick grew up & what his life was like as a kid
- Being kicked out of home
- Why the passion for riding
- How his diet has changed over the years and why he was inspired to remove animal products from his plate
- The attraction to cycling the first mountain stage of the 1910 Tour de France in a single day
- What cycling means to him
- The concentration required to ride this bike and finding the flow state
- and much more
Of course, if you loved the episode. Share your feedback on social media and tag Patrick (@patrickseabase) and myself (@plant_proof) – we’d love to hear from you! And if you haven’t left a review for the show on iTunes yet and have 1-2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated. The reviews ultimately help the show reach more people – and that’s what inspires me to continue bringing you more episodes (it tells me that people are actually enjoying the show and the messages are not falling on deaf ears haha).
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts (note: use the google podcast app not google play), Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or on the Plantproof.com directly. If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,