In Episode 85 I sat down with plant based athlete Catriona Bisset, Australian track athlete who currently holds the national record for the 800m event. If you haven’t heard of Catriona chances are you will very soon – seemingly coming out of nowhere she is destined to represent Australia at the 2020 Tokyo olympics.
Specifically we cover:
- Catriona’s days as a young track athlete and the pressures she felt
- Her struggles with anxiety, depression and disordered eating
- Adopting a plant based diet and her purpose for doing so
- The ins and outs of her diet and how she has worked through specific aspects to improve her well-being and performance
- Setting the Australian national record for the 800m event
- Being an olympic hopeful and voice for positive change
- and much more
LIFELINE Australia – Suicide Prevention. Call 13 11 14 to speak to a trained Volunteer. Visit the LIFELINE website here for more information. Remember it’s not weak to speak.
WHERE ELSE TO LISTEN:
Currently, the Plant Proof podcast can be listened to on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher, If you listen on iTunes be sure to hit ‘subscribe’ or ‘follow’ on Spotify so you are instantly notified when I release new episodes each week.
Hope you enjoy the episode,