Whether it’s for a snack at home while watching the football or a platter to take to a dinner party Vietnamese Rice Paper rolls are always a winner!
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ¼ yellow capsicum sliced thin
- ¼ red capsicum sliced thin
- ¼ green capsicum sliced thin
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 packet of thin vermicelli noodles
- 10 spring roll rice papers
- 1 block of Organic Village Mung bean & Hempseed Tempeh (300g) or whatever organic Tempeh you can source locally. It's important to buy organic especially if you use Soy Tempeh as most non-organic Soy is Genetically Modified
- Black toasted sesame seeds
- Slice tempeh into thin strips
- Heat a large frypan and add sesame oil or veggie broth. Fry tempeh until golden on all sides and set aside. (*If you have cardiovascular disease or any other chronic disease it's advisable to use veggie broth or water instead of oil when pan cooking foods)
- Prepare noodles by placing vermicelli in boiling water for around 10min. Drain and set aside.
- To assemble spring rolls, fill a large bowl with lukewarm water. Dampen a tea towel and place on a cutting board. Dip rice paper into water until softened then place on the damp cloth.
- Sprinkle the rice paper with sesame seeds. Place a small handful of noodles in the centre of the paper. Layer with vegetables, herbs and Tempeh.
- Gently fold the rice paper over once, tuck in edges and continue rolling until it is sealed.
- Slice roll in half and serve with dipping sauce.