This flavourful tempeh scramble is made with sweet potato, red pepper and avocados. Serve on its own, or on top of some toasted whole grain bread and add any toppings you prefer!
These days it seems tofu scramble is taking the world by a storm – here’s a recipe to try something different! This tempeh scramble is bursting with flavour and packed with fibre, protein and healthy fat. Give it a go!
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 300 g (or 1 block) chickpea tempeh (or any Tempeh you can find)
- 1/2 sweet potato finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 tbsp sweet soy or sub tamari
- red chilli
- bread of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- In a hot frying pan with oil, sautee onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add potato and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Add a small amount of water if needed.
- Add spices and half the coriander.
- Crumble in 2/3’s of the block of tempeh and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, slice the remaining tempeh into strips, in a separate frying pan with oil add the tempeh and fry until golden and crunchy.
- Cut avocado in half and then slice thinly.
- Toast your bread, layer on a thick layer of the tempeh scramble
- Add your crunchy tempeh strips, avocado and garnish with remaining coriander, chopped chilli and a squeeze of lemon juice.