This one’s perfect for when you have non-vegan friends over! A crowd pleaser, a winner, a delicious creation that can be enjoyed by the taste buds from all walks of life.
(The below makes 8 wraps)
Tandoori Tempeh Ingredients:
- 300 g tempeh (1 block)
- 3 Tbsp tandoori paste
- 3 Tbsp coconut yoghurt (or soy)
Coconut & mint raita ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp coconut yoghurt *or soy)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Carrot salad ingredients:
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Small handful of sultanas
Tandoori Tempeh Method:
- Mix together tandoori paste and yoghurt into a bowl.
- Place a whole block of tempeh into the marinade and coat evenly. Marinade for 1⁄2 hour.
- Heat oven to a moderate temperature and oil a baking tray.
- Place tempeh in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for roughly 1⁄2 hour or until it forms a golden crust.
- Slice tempeh lengthways.
Coconut & mint raita method:
- Finely chop mint then mix all ingredients into a bowl until combined.
Carrot salad method:
- In a bowl mix together carrot and sultanas.
- Heat a heavy based frypan toast mustard seeds until they pop. Remove from the heat and add oil and turmeric.
- Pour hot spice mix over the carrot then squeeze 1⁄2 a lemon over the top. Add a pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients together.