Looking for healthy and easy-to-make picnic food? These Summer Picnic Pita Pockets are light, delicious and perfect to take on your summer adventures!
These bad boys are super easy to make, loaded with 34g of protein per serving, healthy and tasty. Take on the go and enjoy with family and friends!
Give it a go and tag me in your creations @Plantproof #plantproof on Instagram
- 300 g (1 block) Chickpea and Linseed Tempeh I used the Organic Village Chickpea and Linseed Tempeh which is available to buy in Woolworths, but if you are from abroad any GMO-Free/Organic Soy Tempeh will work)
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 green chilli finely diced
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fennel shaved
- 1 cup radish shaved
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup coriander leaves stems removed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Packet of 4 pita pocket breads
- 1 avocado
- Mix all spices together in a bowl and rub onto the block of tempeh.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Slice and cook in water/veggie broth or oil until golden brown.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until all ingredients are blended together. Refrigerate until ready to mix through the salad.
- Mix all salad ingredients into a bowl and pour over enough dressing until salad is nicely coated.
To assemble, simply stuff your pita pockets with slices of avocado, salad and tempeh and drizzle over more of your delicious dressing.
Enjoy Plant Friends!