As a child growing up, my favourite dessert and go to ‘sweet’ was always Cookie Dough. My beautiful mother (Mary) made a cookie dough cake for every one of my birthdays from as far back as I can remember. So, it was only natural that one of the first vegan dishes I experimented with was cookie dough. I must add a disclaimer here – these are much better raw as per the photos below (not baked).
What I love about this vegan cookie dough (cookies):
- Gluten Free
- 100% natural
- Loaded with Iron, Magnesium, Calcium & Omega 3’s
- High Protein, so if you are exercising a lot and wanting that little bit of extra protein this can be a good snack or dessert option.
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Vida Glow Hemp Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (refined sugar-free)
Optional extras: Dried Bananas, Dried Raspberries, Coconut flakes
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor (minus the chocolate chips)
- Fold in choc chips and form into a ball. Press down with a fork to shape as a cookie or enjoy round!
Made a Plant Proof recipe? Upload to Instagram and tag #plantproofrecipe @plant_proof in your post so I can see your creation!
May your Space Suit thrive,