This Tofu Mayo Salad bowl is an absolute favourite of mine, especially when I am feeling like something a little lighter for lunch or dinner.
The below makes 4 bowls and I have split up the recipe into the Base, Tofu Mayo, Roasted Pumpkin and Kale Salad components.
- 4 cups cooked Tri Colour Quinoa
- Pepitas to garnish
- Radish finely sliced to garnish
Tofu Mayonnaise: (makes enough for recipe and a little extra)
- 300 g Silken Tofu
- 1 Bulb roasted Garlic
- 1 Lime Juice and zest
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups Pumpkin cubed
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups Tuscan Kale stems and spine removed and finely sliced
- 1 cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- ½ cup Tofu Mayonnaise
Tofu Mayonnaise Instructions:
- Place garlic in alfoil and drizzle with Olive oil. Wrap alfoil around garlic and place in a moderate oven for 15 – 20 min until caramelised.
- Squeeze cloves out of bulb into a food processor and add all other ingredients. Process until blended into a smooth mayo.
Roasted Pumpkin Instructions:
- Heat oven to a moderate temp.
- Instructions: Line baking tray, place pumpkin on tray and finely coat with Coconut oil.
- Roast until golden brown.
Kale salad Instructions:
In a bowl add all Kale salad ingredients and work through the mayonnaise until everything is nicely coated.
If you like my recipes please share them with your friends. Together we can make this world a healthier place!