Japanese has to be one of my favourite cuisines and this bowl in particular is a regular on our at home menu!
The below makes 4 bowls and for ease of preparation I have separated each aspect of the dish
Ingredients to assemble for the bowl bases:
- 4 x cups cooked Brown Rice
- 400 g Edamame Beans
- 2 x cups Grated Cabbage
Tofu marinade ingredients:
- 250 g Tofu cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 thumb size piece ginger minced
- 4 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Mirin
- Pinch White Pepper
Roasted Miso Pumpkin ingredients:
- 4 cups cubed pumpkin
- Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Miso
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 x cup Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup Nori sheets broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup Dulse flakes
- Tbsp Chilli flakes
- Large pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Large bunch of Kale stems and stalks removed and chop.
- ½ bag of baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Red Chilli finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp Tamari
Tofu marinade instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and cover Tofu. Let sit in fridge for 15-20 min.
- Roast Tofu with the Pumpkin. (see recipe for pumpkin below)
Roasted Miso Pumpkin instructions:
- Place pumpkin on roasting pan and lightly cover with coconut oil.
- Roast until golden brown.
- Mash pumpkin in bowl and add Miso. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to a moderate temperature.
- Place sunflower seeds on a lined baking tray and bake until golden brown. Use a wooden spoon to move seeds around to insure evenly cooked.
- Place sunflower seeds into a bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Keep in an airtight container.
- Heat fry pan and add coconut oil.
- Add chilli then green and fry until wilted.
- Splash with Tamari, mix through and remove from heat.
If you like my recipes please share them with your friends. Together we can make this world a healthier place!