These epic chilli subs are hearty and filling, yet healthy and packed with protein! They’re tangy and have the best texture – you won’t believe these are 100% plant-based!
What’s so great about these chilli subs?
- No animal cholesterol and low in saturated fat
- Loaded with protein from the plant-based mince and the kidney beans so super filling without making you feel tired
- Super easy to make and ready in no time
- A crowd-pleaser even with meat eaters.
- Best of all, these taste epic!
Go ahead and give these bad boys a go, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with your creations!
- 4 hot dog buns or baguettes
- 4 Plant-based mince or burger patties crumbled patties to make mince (if you can't get a hold of these, you can use any plant-based patty/mince or black bean pattie)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sub water/veggie broth if oil-free
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small red capsicum diced
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Vegan grated cheese
- Lime wedges
- Fresh jalapeno
- Heat a heavy based frypan and add water/veggie broth or olive oil.
- Fry onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the mince and fry for a further 4 – 5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Sprinkle over the chilli powder and cumin and mix.
- Add kidney beans, capsicum and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice hot dog buns lengthways and spoon mixture into your bun.
- Top with vegan cheese and place under grill until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, Jalapenos and wedges of lime.