These 100% plant-based Sausage Rolls are delicious and super easy to make! Perfect for the little ones and destined to be a hit with your friends and family.
These are a little cheeky but perfect as an appetizer or finger food at a party. Pair with your favourite condiment and enjoy these tasty protein-rich rolls that are low in cholesterol! These are freezer-friendly so you can make them ahead and just reheat whenever.
Try these out and let me know what you think. Tag me in your creations @plantproof #plantproof on Instagram.
- 2 plant-based burger patties
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp cumin optional
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- dash of water if required
- 1 sheet vegan puff pasty (it might be tricky to find a specifically vegan puff pastry, but a lot of the major ones are actually naturally vegan as they use margarine instead of butter! Be sure to check the ingredients list)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or use a non-stick pan if you want these oil-free!)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- In a large mixing bowl mash up the two burger patties until you achieve a paste-like consistency, you can add a dash of water if required.
- Heat a small frypan with olive oil, add onions until soft and add garlic. Once soft and translucent take them off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the onions and garlic have cooled add them to your mince and stir until the mixture is all combined.
- Add panko crumbs, cumin (optional) and salt and pepper.
- Cut your pastry sheet in half and place half of the mince mixture along the centre of the pastry.
- Brush the edge of the dough with coconut oil and roll and seal the pastry and brush the entire thing with coconut oil again.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mix
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake until pastry is golden and flakey.
Serve with your favourite condiment!