These plant-based burgers are mouthwatering and rich in flavour, yet are super healthy and packed with protein, fibre and iron. Pair with crunchy baked sweet potatoes for a filling and nutritious meal!
- 1 plant-based burger patty
- 1 bread bun of choice
- 2 tbsp vegan aioli (Store bought or there are plenty of recipes online)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 slice dairy-free cheese
- handful spinach leaves
- 225 g sliced beetroot or thinly slice the vacuum packed beetroot
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1/2 sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Start by making the sweet potato fries as these will take the longest. Thinly slice your sweet potato into chips and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a dash of olive oil, the panko bread crumbs and salt and pepper and give it all a good mix.
- Lay flat onto a lined baking tray and put in the oven until they are golden and crunchy! This should take 30-40 minutes. Give them a little mix around every now and again so they don’t get stuck.
- When the fries are almost ready, make the burger.
- Heat a small fry pan with a little olive oil, add you plant burger, cook for around 5 minutes on one side and 3 on the other
- While that is cooking you can prepare your bun. Slice the bun in half, spread on a good layer of aioli to the bottom piece and add a handful of spinach.
- Once your burger is cooked through and golden you can place that on top of your bottom piece of bun, add a slice of cheese and place back in the oven for just a minute, until the cheese is lovely and melted.
- Once done, layer the beetroot and mustard and top with the bun.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Give them a go and tag me in your creations!