This marinade has to be one of my favourites. What I love most about this particular peanut satay tempeh is the balance between the chilli, lime and maple syrup. These three ingredients play off one another to deliver a really punchy flavour that goes above and beyond a traditional peanut satay flavour. You’re going to fall in love, trust me.
I often have these as ‘bites’ for a snack by themselves or equally they can be a lovely addition to a buddha bowl, a wrap, a burger, salad or even a pizza.
- 300 g block of Chickpea Tempeh or whatever Tempeh you can source locally
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp Chilli
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut Tempeh into whatever shape you desire. I like to turn the block of tempeh on its side first and cut horizontally through the tempeh so it’s thinner. This will result in a crisper tempeh.
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a mixing bowl and gently whisk with a fork.
- Add tempeh and ensure all sides are coated with the marinade.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 160° C
Happy days! Enjoy this one friends.