This breakfast bowl (remember breakfast is defined as your first meal of the day so it doesn’t matter what time that is – I am not saying this has to be 7-9am. See my blogs on fasting to make more sense of this) is something I have several days a week.
Why is this bowl so healthy?
- It’s loaded with nutrient-dense carbohydrates, healthy unsaturated fats, protein and a bunch of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Besides the fresh fruit and nut milk, every ingredient you can buy in bulk and keep in your pantry making this a very inexpensive meal (way cheaper than buying breaky bowls out at cafes and without any added sugars or hidden ingredients you are better off without).
- It contains zero cholesterol, animal protein or animal fat and thus is not jeopardising your long-term health or risk of developing many different chronic illnesses.
I’m often asked where I get my Coconut Bowls from – they are from Coconutbowls.com which is a company I receive no money from, but genuinely admire for their innovation.
Learn more about the benefits of Lupin and why I love it so much.
- 40 g Lupin Flakes
- 50 g Oats
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 Handful Blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Yogurt
- 1 cup Water Approx
- Soak the Lupin, Oats, Hemp Seeds & Chia Seeds overnight in water or your choice of nut milk (just enough to fully cover the ingredients in a bowl) in the fridge. Note using a nut milk will generally increase calories by around 120-170 calories
- In the morning add the cacao nibs and blueberries
- Add Coconut Yogurt & Almond Butter if you are wanting a larger meal. (517 Kcal without adding these and 616 Kcal if you add them). To go the extra mile for those doing vigorous exercise you can also add a 20g scoop of plant protein.
Made a Plant Proof recipe? Upload to Instagram and tag #plantproofrecipe @plant_proof in your post so I can see your creation!