Poke’s are all the rage and plant friends… you don’t need to miss out! Here’s a super simple, tasty and delicious TEMPEH POKE BOWL to try out at home!
This bad boy is loaded with healthy plant protein, omega 3 fats, dietary fibre, iron, iodine, folate, vitamin C and tonnes of antioxidants.
Give it a go and tag me in your creations!
- 1 cup coooked sushi rice (or brown rice) seasoned with sushi vinegar
- 150 g or 1/2 block tempeh
- 1/2 cup edamame shelled
- 1/2 continental cucumber seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado seeded and sliced in half and sprinkled with sesame seeds
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 2 tbsp kimchi or sauerkraut
- seaweed slices
- pickled ginger
- black and white sesame seeds
- Ponzu dressing
- Fresh lime ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
- Place ½ cup of sushi rice into each bowl.
- Neatly place all ingredients around the rice until you have your poke bowl.
- You can also put all ingredients into a separate bowl and let people construct their own individual bowls.
Enjoy Plant Friends!